Regulations for Crane Reservation
"For the protection and enjoyment of the Reservation, visitors shall comply with the regulations listed below."
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited except with special authorization.
- Summer Season Only (April 1 to September 30): All horses, dogs, and other pets are prohibited for the reasons of safety and public health.
- Winter Season Only (October 1 to March 31). To protect fragile vegetation which stabilizes sand dunes and prevents erosion, horses are prohibited except on the ocean side of the wrack line where high water distributes marine vegetation and debris on the beach; to protect deer and other wildlife, dogs and other pets must be leashed at all time.
- Cutting or removing vegetation is prohibited. Plant life helps to stabilize sand dunes and prevent erosion. Trees, shrubs and flowers are also a part of the beauty of the landscape.
- Entering fenced areas designed to protect fragile sand dune vegetation is prohibited.
- Fires are prohibited except on the open beach and in unvegetated, primary dune areas, and then are restricted to fireplaces, camp stoves or portable grills only.
- Littering is prohibited. Use containers provided.
- Disturbing nesting birds or other wildlife is prohibited. The Reservation provides a rare habitat for many varieties of birds and animal life.
- Disturbing, removing, defacing, cutting or otherwise causing damage to a natural feature, sign, poster, barrier, building or other property is prohibited.
- The possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- The use of artificial floats is prohibited for reasons of safety.
- In areas under supervision of lifeguards, throwing balls and other objects, and playing contact sports are prohibited for reasons of safety.
- Vendors and peddlers are prohibited.
- Nudity is prohibited.
- Conduct which is indecent or obscene, or which disturbs the tranquility of the Reservation or its enjoyment by others is prohibited.
- Firearms and hunting are prohibited on the Reservation except with prior written permission of the Superintendent for the calendar years 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999.
- Camping is prohibited for public health reasons.
- The feeding of wildlife is prohibited.
- The Reservation closes at sunset.
- Crane Beach, a part of the Richard T. Crane, Jr. Memorial Reservation, is a property of The Trustees of Reservations. Visitors are welcome, but on the understanding that they use the area at their own risk, and that they will comply with all the above regulations. Whoever disregards or violates any of the above regulations is hereby forbidden to remain upon these premises, and is subject to arrest, fine and imprisonment as provided by law. The Trustees of Reservations cannot assume responsibility for injuries or for the loss or theft of personal property.