- Boards, Committees, & Commissions
- Boards, Committees, Commissions I-Z
- Waterways Advisory Committee
Waterways Advisory Committee
- Typically the third or fourth Wednesday of every month in the Town Manager's Conference Room of Town Hall when available or in Meeting Room C. Location of the meeting can be viewed on the website meeting room booking calendar.
- The Waterways Advisory Committee was re-vamped as of March 2016 under the recommendation to the Board of Selectmen by the Government Study Committee at the BOS meeting on March 1, 2016.
About the CommitteeThe Waterways Advisory Committee meets monthly for a good portion of the year to discuss various happenings and concerns dealing with the Town's extensive ocean and river waterways. The committee is in close contact with the Harbors Department and hears a monthly report from the Assistant Harbormasters. The committee oversees the Waterways Funds and approves its disbursement when drawn from. In recent years the Waterways Fund has supported the Harbors Department budget both in its salaries and its acquisitions. Money in the Waterways Fund comes from mooring fees and 50% of the boat excise tax collected by the Town. Launching fees collected at the Town Wharf go into a fund set up for Town Wharf improvements.
This survey is an activity of the Waterways Advisory Committee for the purpose of gathering citizen and user input for incorporation into short and long term planning for the river and associated marine waterways in Ipswich. This information will then be compiled into a Harbor Plan with the assistance of UMass Boston/Urban Harbors Institute. Please click the link above to add your input in this five to ten minute survey by October 15, 2020.
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Agendas and Minutes
- Michael Arnold (2025)
- Gary Hamilton (2025)
- Robert Donahue (2023)
- Chris Murray (2024)
- Anthony Giannelli (2023)
- David Morin (2023)
- Jeff Cann (2025)