- Boards, Committees, & Commissions
- Boards, Committees, Commissions I-Z
- Public Safety Facility Committee
Public Safety Facility Committee
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Tammy Jones, Select Board Designee
- Jean Emerson
- Robert Donohue
- Ryan McShera
- Robert Weatherall
- Harvey Schwartz
- Charles Surpitski
- Rami Harb @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Jamie Fay, Finance Committee Representative
- Catherine T. J. Howe, Psychologist D
- Peter Dziadose, Police Union Representative
- Dave Irvine, Communication Officers Union Representative
- Keith Carlson, Fire Union Representative
- Stephen Crane, Town Manager
- Chief Paul Parisi, Fire Chief
- Chief Paul Nikas, Police Chief @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
About the Committee
MissionThe charge of the committee is to identify and evaluate suitable location(s) for a combined public safety facility and make recommendations to the Selectmen; to recommend an appropriate sum to conduct a feasibility study; to work with the Town Manager and town staff to obtain OPM and Architectural services; and to design, construct and commission a facility suitable to present and future public safety needs of Ipswich.
ResponsibilitiesConsider the future of public safety and design for it; consider multiple purpose rooms and adaptable designs.
Develop a timeline and costs estimates for achieving benchmarks (site identification, feasibility funding, preliminary design, project funding, final design and construction).
Conduct public presentation(s) and inform the public of progress.
For more information on the Public Safety Facility Committee, please visit https://ipswichpublicsafetyfacility.net.
Please click here Ipswich Public Safety Building Feasibility Study Report - May 15, 2021 to view the design service and feasibility study for the Ipswich Fire and Police stations prepared by HKT Architects Inc.
Public Safety Facility Committee Information Forums
Information forums with Q&A sessions are scheduled for the following times and locations.
September 7, 2021 at 7:00 PM at the Congregational Church Fellowship Hall
September 15, 2021 at 10:00 AM at the Council on Aging Room in Town Hall.
September 21, 2021 at 7:00 PM at the Catholic Church
October 5, 2021 at 7:00 PM at Agawam Village