MassDOT has notified the Town that the completion of the Waldingfield Rd bridge project has been delayed until December 13, 2019. Any updated information will be posted here. Please plan accordingly as the detour will add extra time to your commute. The following links are to the detour plan https://www.ipswichma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/11702/Waldingfield-Rd-Bridge-Improvement-Detour-Plan and the original estimated work schedule https://www.ipswichma.gov/DocumentCenter/View/11701/Waldingfield-Rd-Bridge-Improvement-Schedule. Below is the official press release from MassDOT at the start of the project:
MassDOT: Ipswich – Waldingfield Road
Roadway closure from August 26, through November 20
IPSWICH – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation has announced that Waldingfield Road in Ipswich will be closed to vehicular traffic between Highland Street and County Road (Route 1A) from Monday, August 26, through Wednesday, November 20. This roadway closure is necessary to allow crews to safely and effectively rehabilitate the Waldingfield Road Bridge.
Waldingfield Road will be open from the west to abutters only between Highland Street and the Waldingfield Road Bridge, and from the east to abutters only from County Road (Route 1A) to the Waldingfield Road Bridge.
The following detour routes will be in place:
- Eastbound traffic will be detoured north onto Highland Street which becomes Mill Road, right to Topsfield Road which becomes Market Street, and then right to South Main Street which becomes County Road (Route 1A).
- Westbound traffic will be detoured at County Road (Route 1A) left onto South Main Street, left onto Market Street which becomes Topsfield Road, and then left onto Mill Road which becomes Highland Street.
Those traveling through the area should expect delays, reduce speed and use caution. Appropriate signage, law enforcement details and advanced message boards will be in place to guide drivers through the work area.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are also encouraged to:
- Dial 511 and select a route to hear real–time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.