The Annual Town Meeting will be held Tuesday May 8, 2018. In order to accommodate notice and publication schedules, below is the schedule for the Warrant:
- The Board of Selectmen will announce its intent to open the warrant on January 2.
- All articles from town/school departments, boards or committees are due in FINAL FORM to the office of the Board of Selectmen no later than Noon on Friday, February 23, 2018, for review by the Town Manager and Town Counsel.
The Board of Selectmen will hold a public hearing on the warrant on March 19, 2018 and sign the warrant on April 2, 2018. After signing, the warrant will be posted and sent to the Finance Committee, School Committee, Town Counsel and Town Moderator. The draft warrant is available here.
When submitting articles, the following must be submitted in writing and preferably on the Citizen Petition Form.
1. The proposed article. A general draft is acceptable as it will be properly formatted by the Town Manager or by Town Counsel, if accepted by the Board of Selectmen.
2. A brief narrative describing the purpose and the need for the article.
3. Estimated costs, if any, for the requested article.
- Citizen Petitions – Certified petition articles are due by 4:00 PM Monday March 19, 2018. In order for a petition to be guaranteed placement on the Annual Town Meeting warrant, ten (10) names/signatures/addresses of registered Town voters are required, and must be certified by the Town Clerk. Forms and instructions to be used for petition articles are available in the Board of Selectmen’s office and online on the Town Meeting webpage . Petition articles will be printed in the warrant verbatim, so citizens are asked to review the forms and instructions carefully.
Please contact the Town Manager/Board of Selectmen if you have questions.