View all facilitiesGo to Calendar
Ipswich Transfer Station
The is a RECYCLING CENTER open to all residents with a Beach Sticker or a Transfer Station Sticker (free at the Department of Public Works office with vehicle registration and proof of residency). Listed below are categories of items that may be dropped off for recycling ().
- Books, CDs, DVDs: items in good condition go in the More Than Words box
- Cardboard: large sizes (e.g. appliance boxes) or amounts (e.g. multiple moving boxes)
- Curbside Recycling: recyclable items for residents who missed recycling or who do not have residential recycling pickup
- Fluorescent Tubes & CFL Bulbs (unbroken), Thermometers, Thermostats
- Household Batteries (all types)
- Rigid Plastic: heavy plastics that are not recyclable curbside (do not have recycling number or symbol). NO tarps, PVC piping/tubing, vinyl siding, water hoses, vinyl toys (inflatable pools or toys, tents, etc.), composite decking, or metal gutters (put metal gutters in scrap metal dumpster)
- Scrap Metal: that are at least 60% metal
- Shrink Wrap: Boat shrink wrap seasonal dropoff is March 1 to August 31.
- Textiles: clothing, sheets, small pillows and other textiles go in the Red Cross box
- Yard Waste: leaves, brush and branches LESS THAN 4 inches in diameter, but NO rocks, logs or stumps